The Michigan Kubb Championship is the result of a collaboration between Michigan’s three kubb clubs (Kalamazoo Kubb, Great Lakes Kubb, and Motor City Kubb). This tournament is currently the only kubb tournament in Southwest Michigan, and one of three in the state (others include Great Lakes 1v1 Championship in Alanson, and the Motown Kubb Showdown in New Baltimore). The inaugural Michigan Kubb Championship was held in Kalamazoo on June 22, 2019. The 2nd annual Michigan Kubb Championship is back for 2021 after a hiatus in 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Join us September 25, 2021 for all the kubb fun!
- September 25, 2021
- Flescher Field in Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Teams of 2-6 players
- Kubb United’s Rules for Open Play format will be used (with the exception that teams can have 2-6 players)
- Most up-to-date version of the Klassic format will be used.
- 6 single-game qualifying rounds with 25 minute time limits.
- Best-of-three format for championship rounds with no time limit.
- Country Kubb sets will be provided by Keystone Kubb this year.
- 100% In-bounds and the Friendly Neighbor Rule will be used.
- Sideline and center line boundaries of the kubb pitches will be marked with string. Paint will be used to mark the baselines.
Schedule (subject to change)
8:30 – 9:40 – Check in and practice
9:40 – All-Team Meeting (welcome and rules review)
10:00 – 1st qualifying round begins
10:30 – 2nd qualifying round begins
11:00 – 3rd qualifying round begins
11:30 – 4th qualifying round begins
12:00 (Noon)-1:00- Lunch Break (Food will not be provided at the park, but there are numerous fast food locations between the park and I-94. Specifically there is McDonalds, Subway, Starbucks, Wendy’s, Culvers, and Jimmy John’s)
1:00 – 5th qualifying round begins
1:30 – 6th qualifying round begins
2:00 – Championship Playoff Rounds Begin (top 8 teams)
**There may be a consolation bracket if enough teams register**