The Michigan Kubb Championship is the result of a collaboration between Michigan’s three kubb clubs (Kalamazoo Kubb, Great Lakes Kubb, and Motor City Kubb). This tournament is currently the only kubb tournament in Southwest Michigan, and one of three in the state (others include Great Lakes 1v1 Championship in Alanson, and the Motown Kubb Showdown in New Baltimore). The inaugural Michigan Kubb Championship will be held in Kalamazoo on June 22, 2019.
- June 22, 2019
- Flescher Field in Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Teams of 2-6 players
- Kubb United’s Rules for Open Play format will be used (with the exception that teams can have 2-6 players)
- Most up-to-date version of the Klassic format will be used.
- 8 single-game qualifying rounds with 25 minute time limits.
- Best-of-three format for championship rounds with no time limit.
- Kubb sets will be provided by PlayYardGames.com
- 100% In-bounds and the Friendly Neighbor Rule will be used.
- Sideline and center line boundaries of the kubb pitches will be marked with string. Paint will be used to mark the baselines.
Schedule (subject to change)
8:30 – 9:40 – Check in and practice
9:40 – All-Team Meeting
10:00 – 1st qualifying round begins
10:30 – 2nd qualifying round begins
11:00 – 3rd qualifying round begins
11:30 – 4th qualifying round begins
12:00 (Noon)-12:45 – Lunch Break (Food will not be provided at the park, but there are numerous fast food locations between the park and I-94. Specifically there is McDonalds, Subway, Starbucks, Wendy’s, Culvers, and Jimmy John’s)
12:45 – 5th qualifying round begins
1:15 – 6th qualifying round begins
1:45 – 7th qualifying round begins
2:15 – 8th qualifying round begins
2:45 – Championship Rounds Begin